The National Equine Dental Practitioners Inc. is an Australian association which has as its members equine dentists and equine veterinarians with a dental interest. We generally refer to members as 'Equine Dental Practitioners'. Members frequently attend scheduled events to discuss industry issues, special cases and general practice.
Our Code of Conduct
As members of the NEDP it is our duty to:
- Aim to provide a high standard of compassionate care to every patient and to make judgements that best support the well-being of the patient.
- Exhibit honesty and integrity in all equine dentistry related activities.
- Demonstrate courtesy when communicating with fellow members and clients.
- Promote professional conduct and a high standard of ethical behaviour and treatment.
- Demonstrate professional and appropriate behaviour towards colleagues and refrain from conduct that may be regarded as prejudicial or derogatory towards any fellow member of the association.
- Provide education related to equine dental care to the horse-owning community.
- Foster innovation and strive to optimise methods of practice.
- Inform clients of treatment cost estimates in a timely manner when proposed treatment is non-standard.
- Encourage a team dynamic when the treatment of a patient involves other professionals.
- Be committed to receive regular professional education and training, and to seek information and
advice of colleagues when appropriate.
Membership of the National Equine Dental Practitioners is open to persons suitable trained or experienced who:
- Meet the admission criteria and, except for trainee members, meet the knowledge and proficiency criteria as determined by special resolution
- Support the Purposes of the Association
- Agree to abide by the Rules of the Association
- Agree to abide by the Code of Conduct.
For more information on the application process please contact us.